SADNESS;;4-yr-old electrocuted in Niger.

A four year old boy, Arafat Jibrin has been electrocuted in Niger State after straying  into a structure housing an electric transformer.

The incident occurred at nighfall on Thursday at the Senior Quarters of the Federal Low Cost Housing Estate in Maikunkele, a suburb of Minna.

The boy was searching for his sister who had gone out to fetch water when he strayed into the transformer  enclosure where he was electrocuted.

Sources said a passerby  raised the alarm on noticing  an unusual activity in the enclosure, but the boy had been burnt beyond recognition before he could be rescued.

The remains of the boy were eventually  evacuated from the scene  and buried according to Islamic rites on Thursday night.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *